miércoles, 26 de marzo de 2008

Cuando regresé en casa (When I returned home).

Friday, March 21, 2008

Risky Business

Risky Business does not directly relate (in this blog) to our past actions of sleeping outdoors. The reference is to the beloved movie with Tom Cruise and his escapades while home alone. As of right now, I am home alone. After 9 hours of bus travel, 3 days of not showering, and going on about a day of eating nothing but bread and gummi’s, I was very excited to get home to Doris’ hospitality. “Familia! Estoy en casa! Comame!” Unfortunately, nobody is home. Not a big deal. Actually a great deal, I will go take a nice hot bath, make a bocadillo or maybe even heat up left-overs! I walk in put my bags down, shiver, and wonder why my window is open. All the windows are open. The house is freeeezing. I just got back from sleeping outside in the cold. The piso should be warm. Oh well, nothing a hot bath and blankets can’t fix. In the bathroom, ten minutes later, still no hot water. This is testing my patience. Did I mention there is absolutely nothing in the fridge to eat? I go check my email so at least I can utilize one comfort of home. Great emails. Still hungry tho. Still pretty cold. I decide to go handyman. First, I start my laptop, close off my room, and start making it work hard by playing music, movies, slideshows, you name it. I want that processor buzzing and HOT! That way, it heats my room. Heat – check. Water? Still working on it. Food? Found some spaghetti and tomato sauce in the closet. – check. Water? I guess I could heat it up on the stove. Probably would take too much time. I wonder if that porch-like room as anything useful. It does. The mini-fridge looking thing is actually the heating system. Crank it up. We’ve got water. Anyone impressed? I can rough the indoors. The night turned out well. Warm, fed, and sleepy. I have a bed to sleep in. See you in 13 hours. I’m out.

No hay comentarios: