viernes, 16 de abril de 2010

The Road MOST Traveled

Thursday, April 15, 2010

For the last week, every road that I take to work has been under construction (since we switched offices, I no longer live next door to the office and I must walk a bit further). During the last week when I’ve had to walk to work, there has been a massive effort to make it incredibly difficult to get around. Mountains of dirt in the middle of street, hordes of workers throwing dirt, huge machines blowing diesel smoke everywhere and swinging crane arms next to passerby’s and stands selling hotdogs. Yes, they do not close off the street. They don’t put up tape or caution signs. They leave massive trenches in the ground for anyone to fall in. It really is an incredible sight to see. Families, children on bike, and food stands just hanging out by the construction with huge cranes working full speed just feet away. Every day I am blown away as I follow the crowd of people up an over the mountains of dirt, dodge the machines, and hop from boulder to boulder. How is this safe? It’s not. But that could just be my opinion. I took a video for you to enjoy but it really doesn’t portray the intensity of the situation. I took this video between the time they had the big mountains packed back away under the ground and were just beginning to build new mountains.



No hay comentarios: