Feb 6
I am incredibly frustrated right now. Apart from having the overwhelming feeling of not understanding the majority of things people say to me and emotions that are coming out of right field, I just received word from UPS that they tried to deliver my glasses today but Doris was unable to receive it because she had to pay money for the package. Ok , legit. How much was it Doris? Ciento tres. Que? She said 103.23. That is in euros. So I have to pay roughly $150 to receive my blasted glasses! Unbelievable!!! The Spanish government is having its way with me with these taxes. That is absurd how much they want!! I could have bought glasses here for that amount of money!!! This was not good news. I am furious. Spain, you are not impressing me.
Feb 7
A terrible thing happened tonight. The night actually started out well. Ping pong at the park. Jon was the only other one who showed up. For those of you who do not know, a bunch of the guys usually meet up at parque de San Francisco and play ping pong before we go out. we have some intense games and it is a total blast. if you have never played outdoor ping pong i would suggest it. But anyway, tonight it was just me and jon. It was a good time though, a good chance for me to run some ideas by him and get his opinion. We talked about the apartment for next year, the wild dance parties, decorations, just the regular stuff. After that, we walked to meet up with our group to go over our plans for the upcoming weekend with our group for the American Dinner, which is where we go out into the mountains and prepare a bunch of American cuisine for ourselves and indulge. Pretty normal night. Luna couldn’t make it. Paula was late. We played a terrible game of pool. Ok, skipping ahead, I had my ping pong paddle in my back pocket, forgot about it when sitting on a couch and cracked it. CRACKED IT! It might not be repairable. Tomorrow I will be going to corte ingles to find some glue and then resurrecting my beloved paddle. Honestly, it feels like a part of me has died! I am so devastated. I left salsa dancing early in respect of the fallen paddle. Way to go Blake…sitting on your paddle? Lame.
Oh yea. My glasses arrived again today and I ended up paying them the absurd amount of money they asked for. Hopefully mis padres en EEUU will give UPS the peace of mind they deserve. I really like my glasses tho.
1 comentario:
So sorry to hear about your paddle experience Blake! I have read on and know that is being repaired. I hope it works out. I can also relate to the experience of living in another culture and having that underlying homesickness creep in. It gets better and I know you are making the most of your time there. Can't wait to read more! I started a blog too, just about my life as a parent and different ideas that cross my tired brain. We think of you a lot and hope things are going well! When you have time check out my blog at http://tripthelightnantastic.blogspot.com/
Take care of yourself!
Publicar un comentario