Well, I have slept off my devastation of the fallen paddle and have taken a positive outlook on the day. I recruited Manolo's help in repairing the paddle and we are going to borrow some tools from Juan (Manolo's son) tonight and see what we can come up with. We found some wood glue that should suffice but what we really need is some clips that we will be able to hold the paddle in place while in dries. It is going to be a very delicate process. I am indeed very nervous about it. Surgery is a scary thing...
Anyway, at this moment i am sitting in a nice little cafe using there wifi and drinking an incredibly (and delicious) coffee. Chris Sparks, you would love it. The only problem is they only give you enough for 5 sips. I am enjoying the day though. I have put on Ok GO and it has put me in a great mood. The bright warm sunshine is also helping. I have one class today --- Gramaticas. I enjoy that class alot. The professor is super nice and easy to understand. After class, i will probably go paddle shopping. not saying my paddle will not be repaired, it is just to have a backup. So that is my day.
A little about my thoughts on living in this country:
This country is incredibly beautiful. My favorite thing right now is hopping on the bus for 3 euros to Gijon and spending the day on the beach. It is only a 20 minute bus ride. Soon i will surf there. I am finally comfortable at home and am talking more with Manolo and Doris. I still think Doris is very hard to understand. She talks very fast and has poor diction. I sometimes feel as though she is just yelling at me while speaking. I am coming to find i enjoy Manolo very much. He is easier to understand and likes to joke around. I think he enjoys having another guy in the house (i am the first male exchange student they've had). I am growing accustom to the food as well. Not a day goes by though that my friends and I talk about our American food cravings. I think I am learning alot as well. It doesnt always feel like it because i am still so far off from being fluent but everyday i learn something new so as long as i can remember what i learn i should be in good shape. The biggest thing i have learned here though is perspective. A perspective on how much i love home and my country and my culture. I have found that alot of the practices here seem a bit ridiculous to me. For example, water is super expenisve here. Before leaving my classmates and i were informed to be mindful of how much water we use in the shower. Thats legit. But the thing that confuses me is this: They hose the streets down with thousands of gallons of water EVERY night. They also have drinking fountains spouting out water 24 hrs a day. Seems strange to me. The working hours are also very strange to me. Their day does not start until very late in the day and then they take a break midday (closing everything) and then opening up again for a few hours. It just does not seem very efficient nor effective to me. Oh yea, and grocery stores do not stay open past 9. Crazy. Cheers to Hy-Vee. One last thing, people aren't able to hang out at other peoples house. You always must meet at a cafe. I like hanging out at the house. Mostly because you not have to pay to do it. Anyway, my two cents. I do like spain tho. Very beautiful. AND they have ping pong tables OUTSIDE! cant be that.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario