sábado, 20 de febrero de 2010

El procession

Thursday and Friday, February 18-19, 2010

The last two days have been work. Done with the week tho! Thursday night I went with Ruth to dinner at the Sunset Café, a beautiful restaurant overlooking the lake and volcanoes. I’ll definitely remember that spot!

I’ve been enjoying my conversations with Angelica and Jenni at meal times. They are so nice. They sit with me and chat while I eat. It’s a nice time to practice my Spanish and find out info about them and the city/country. They are so full of joy. Its a lot of fun watching them with their family.

I bought a phone. Met another guy who just started living here. I think his name is Eif. Idk. I believe he is from Belgium. He said the Spanish name for the country, which I didn’t know and actually asked if it was a country…haha. I think he was slightly offended. I figured out the country when he said they were know for their chocolates. He only speaks a little Spanish so its hard to understand and that is our common language. HE speaks flemmish. He’ll only be here for a week while taking Spanish classes.

I went to the procession tonight that started outside the Cathedral. It was a cool experience. I’d asked if I could go with Angelica and her family. They were very kind to take me with them. The procession went all over town and stopped at 14 different stations for prayer. It was very cool to see everyone out for the occasion.

No hay comentarios: