miércoles, 24 de febrero de 2010

KI KI RI QUI! Dinner Time is My Favorite

8 pm Another long day at work. The day feels long because I’ve still not become fully aware of what I’m supposed to be doing at work. The majority of my day has consisted of researching foundations or other grants that would be a good prospect for us to apply for. It is a lot of research online and gets very tiresome. I spend the rest of my day preparing my job description to propose to my supervisor. I’ve gone through a lot of their marketing/pr materials and I think I’ve found some things that I can help them with. Those things are more of my passion. We’ll see if my job description gets accepted tho! I’ll also be working on sales and am waiting for more info on that. As it turns out, Steve Corbin’s sales class will definitely come in handy (I actually knew it would, just never thought I’d do sales). After work I get on Skype and talk to Caitlin and whoever else is on and then head back to dinner. The dinners have been the highlight of my day. There are 2 small girls that are adorable and hilarious. The youngest is 3 or 4 and the oldest is in 3rd grade. It has been fun watching them get more comfortable and they are starting to talk to me more. They don’t have school tomorrow. Hay una huelga. There Is a strike. The teachers are not happy with the government and thus are on strike. Rightfully so, the government is not giving them near enough money for the public schools. The government gives them about 1.5 Quetzales for each student a day. To give you reference 1 dollar is equal to about 8 quetzales. So, anyway, we were talking after dinner and I asked the Shelia (I think that’s her name…I’ll find out!) if she knew any jokes in Spanish. She thought it was funny that I asked and said that she didn’t. But she said she had a book and ran off to get it. It was a book of poems and rhymes and tongue twisters. We spent a good 30 minutes reading through it. They have the calls that different animals make. My favorite is the rooster. KIKIRIQUI! KIKI RI QUI QUI! Dinners are definitely my favorite.

No hay comentarios: