sábado, 20 de febrero de 2010

Saturday to relax...

Saturday, February 20, 2010

1:55 pm Woke up later today, 9:30. Had breakfast of eggs and black beans and coffee. The eggs had a tomato sauce on top. It was good. I wish it was spicy tho. I always think its going to be spicy…

After breakfast I went downtown and walked around and shopped a little. Super hot sun. Protected with my spf 70 tho! I bought some paintings that every store makes. They are off the lake and volcanoe in a series of different colors. I stole the idea from Harry. I always feel bad not buying from everyone. They all need the money. I walked down to the lake where everyone tried to sell me something. Barca? (boat), weed?, smokes? Hahish? The sky was cloudy so I didn’t get great pictures. I walked along the boardwalk and saw the tourists. Not typical tourists. They are all “cool” tourists, you know. Like adventure tourists with their Kelty hike packs and long hair or beard. I guess I fit that type. Met a guy from the Peace Corp, Brian, who is from Tennessee. Told him I was from Iowa, he jokingly said “oh, I’m sorry!” Funny it gets that reaction. I love Iowa. Also met Joe. Joe is an expatiort, a convict. He solicited to me being that I look American and was new. He has a place in the mountains, away from the noise. He has guns he said…an AR something or other. He is a farmer and a doctor or chiropractor rather, which he can’t do one without the other. See, he farms canibus and has found it to be very good for your bones. He’s been here for 24 years since he left jail in the states at the age of 24. He can’t go back to the US. There are a lot of interesting people in Pana.

(I didn’t ask what he was convicted for)

No hay comentarios: