miércoles, 24 de febrero de 2010

Missing Hair…

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I never really know how my days will turn out here. This morning there was no hot water. Not a big deal. Just gotta tense up the muscles and wait till the blood gets movin. I think you could have a workout based on cold water…its amazing how tense your muscles get. Anyway, at work I made some progress on what projects I’ll be working on. I was also asked to write a blog entry about my first week in the office as an intern. It was fun getting to write about my experience because a lot happened! Earthquakes, madness in the office, the works. After work I tried to take a quick nap before dinner which was impossible to do. Dogs barking, kids yelling and playing, 2 stroke motors screaming by, there really is no quiet here. To be honest that is how it is all night! Actually the kids go to bed. Otherwise, the dogs or as Dona Angelica calls them, “the police” never sleep. They are always on watch and barking at something. I’ll be able to sleep through anything when I get back.

Dinner again was of course very entertaining. First off, I want to say how polite Jenni’s daughters are and really the whole the family. They always make sure that someone is sitting with me while I eat. Sheilia is continuing to talk more and she is so funny. The big commotion tonight though was Jaquelyn (the 3 year old). She was screaming and crying so much. Jenni checked to see what was happening and come to find out she had cut a good portion of the front of her hair! She was also blaming it on Sheilia, who was adamant that she didn’t cut it. It was actually very funny and sad at the same time. We shouldn’t have been laughing but the whole situation really was quite comical. Their cousins had been over and all of the kids were so wound up. There was so much energy that it just carried over to the dinner table and it we were all laughing and having a good time. There was a cool moment when we found that rock, paper, scissors is a game know in three different countries: the U.S, Guatemala, and Belgium. I know I didn’t do the story justice for how funny it was but you really did have to be there. I think there was just something in the air.

No hay comentarios: