lunes, 22 de febrero de 2010

End to a Slow Weekend

Sunday, February 21, 2010

6 pm Its been a slow day. The weekend has been so far but it has been nice for getting settled and do a little exploring. This afternoon I went to Solomon’s Porch, which is a coffee shop set up by Christian missionaries, for an afternoon worship service. Lloyd is the owner or at least runs the shop and the worship and has been a nice guy to get to know. He’s from florida and is here with his wife and their kids come and stay for different durations of time. I’ve met a lot of nice people through this café; a woman who gives classes on meditation, some young adults that are volunteering at a health clinic, and many others. I’ve spoke with Lloyd a bit about playing some guitar as well and he offered to work me into the worship band if I’d like. Not sure if I feel up to singing in front of others but I’m all about getting my hands on a guitar! I’m enjoying getting to know more people down here…so I don’t spend all my days in solitude! I’m also still inquiring about finding some pickup games of soccer. We’ll see.

No hay comentarios: